Now Hiring: Sales Assistant/Associate in NYC
Kopali Chocolates – perfectly pure, irresistibly rich and luscious, crafted entirely at the point-of-origin. Certified organic and fair trade, Kopali’s chocolates are every bit as important as they are delicious. Motivated by a deep purpose and guided by a clear strategy, Kopali’s chocolate sweetness has already managed to reach, delight and inspire millions of fans while helping to support thousands of farmers who in turn care for ecosystems that support all life.
We are a small entrepreneurial team at an exciting moment of growth. Our focus is on expansion/sales and maximizing impact: how many retailers and shoppers and influencers and outlets can we reach, with your help?
Kopali Chocolates offer pure delight, with no refined sugars, oils, dairy, or anything artificial – and they are vegan and gluten‐free, as well as certified organic and fair trade. Presented in eye-catching, appealing, impulse-buy candy packaging, the Kopali look and feel combines an upscale, contemporary, sophisticated brand, with authentic commitment and connection to pure food, farmers and land, artisan production, and indigenous cultures.
We are seeking a Sales Assistant or Sales Associate: a motivated, creative, proactive, tenacious, compelling, passionate, high-energy excellent communicator to play a critical role in sales. Build Kopali with us and make the magic happen – by sharing our purpose and product differentiation with retailers and shoppers, and translating that into sales and growth. For immediate hire.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Kopali vision and brand, directly promoting Kopali Chocolates to consumers.
- Manage diverse independent/small-chain retailer accounts primarily within the tri-state area, consistently communicating with on-site visits, phone and email, to: schedule and execute in-store sampling events; develop relationships with grocery teams and buyers, and support them in successful sales of Kopali; conceive, encourage and occasionally create best possible merchandising display solutions in-store, as well as best possible pricing and promotional strategies. Research, initiate and “close” new account relationships. Motivate, manage and coordinate with broker and distributor representatives.
- Opportunity to initiate and manage high-level corporate, distributor and grocery chain relationships, locally and nationally, upon demonstrating readiness. Some management of retailer accounts outside of the tri-state area.
- Mange promotions, discounts and other trade-spends while monitoring and maximizing efficacy and budget.
- Research and coordinate participation in relevant industry and lifestyle event and marketing partnerships and opportunities to propel brand awareness and sales, including set-up, execution and follow-through.
- Coordinate participation at industry tradeshows, including logistical preparation, and travel to on-site representation as required.
- Opportunity to conduct marketing and public relations outreach, including social media responsibilities, media relations and creation of marketing documents.
- Co-manage the Kopali intern program, including hiring, training and supervising undergraduate interns.
- Administrative duties including organizing process, office materials, files and product inventory.
- Positive, enthusiastic, confident, outgoing and inspiring communication style, with exceptional ability to be persistent and persuasive.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with flexibility to work in an intense start-up environment and creatively manage limited resources.
- Driven, with a deep sense of responsibility and commitment. Goal- and results-oriented, and therefore prone to making suggestions, taking initiative and measuring results. Ability to self-direct, as well as collaborate and take direction as appropriate, with a non-defensive outlook towards feedback. Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly, grasp concepts and process, and translate conceptual ideas and company goals into action items.
- Highly organized with strong ability to track, prioritize and complete varied time-sensitive responsibilities. Disciplined enough to consistently set goals for accounts; to plan, execute, and measure success to achieve goals; and to unfailingly document, track and follow up on all account communications, developments and progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Extremely perceptive and sensitive to the motivations and goals of others, and oriented towards mutual benefit solutions.
- Prefer strong interest in and familiarity with: lifestyles of health and wellness; Kopali’s triple-bottom-line and positive impact approach to business; ecological sustainability; organic and fair trade food and products; the joyous sensory experience of food.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%) and work long, flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs. In-Design and Photoshop skills are a plus, and experience managing content/technical aspects of social media in the business realm is a plus.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record.
- Strong desire to both learn and contribute, and to propel Kopali forward. Willingness to dive into tasks, no matter how large or “small”.
- Experience in a similar role with an independent organic/fair trade brand is a plus, and existing relationships with relevant buyers is a strong plus.
To apply, send a resume, with detailed cover letter, to email@example.com. Subject line should read “NYC Sales Assistant/Associate.” Please share every timeslot available to meet in-person in Midtown West Manhattan, for the following 14 days; include all 7 days of the week, and the hours of 8 AM-8 PM.